Frequent Asked Questions
What is pawn loan?
A pawn loan is also referred as a collateral loan. This is when money is lent in exchange for items of value. The item is returned when the loan agreement is paid-off by the borrower on the contract. An exception can be made when a legal document is presented such as a power of attorney or a notarized letter call or visit our store for more details.
How do you determine the price of gold?
we consider the jewelry items karat, condition, craftsmanship and resell market value.
Do most Express Pawn customers lose their merchandise?
Absolutely NOT! less than 8 out of 100 forfeit their loan.
What is the difference of an extension and a loan rewrite?
An extension is a courtesy 30-day grace period that we provide after the loan agreement due date (5th month). A loan rewrite is when the amount paid is only covering the interest of a loan contract (not the principal) if you chose to rewrite a loan, you’re paying the interest and initiating a new loan cycle for the same amount borrowed.
What does Express Pawn has to offer to military members and dependents?
Express pawn is a proud supporter of our USA Military and its branches. We provide a special interest rate according to the Military Lending Act. You may call or visit our store for details.
What item can be pawned?
We provide loans on just about everything! Including but not limited to these common items:
- Gold & diamond jewelry
- Silver, gold and silver coins
- Watches – designer brands and luxury watches
- Televisions (smart TVs)
- Designer handbags
- Laptops, tablets and all-in-one PCs (up to date electronics ‘modern)
- Cameras, lenses and camcorders Musical instruments
- Electronics – drones, GPS, iPods, etc
- Home audio and video – smart receivers, power amplifiers and Bluetooth surround system
- Power tools, hand tools, tool cabinets, ladders, etc.
- Car accessories – Bluetooth car stereo, power amps, subwoofers, auto testing equipment, etc.
- Lawn and Garden – mowers, trimmers, blowers, chainsaws, woodchippers, etc.
- Sports and Outdoor -fishing rods and reels, binoculars, bicycles etc